Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Task Design Principles
Designing Principles for Social Studies Performance Assessment Design
- Use real-world issues that students have to make sense of OR a global problem that students need to solve.
- Establish a set of explicit student expectations to maintain transparency and rigor.
- Use multi-dimensional criteria aligned to the following aspects of the C3 FRAMEWORKS Dimensions
- Performance Expectations
- Disciplinary Core Ideas
- Enduring Concepts
- College and Career Ready Practices
- Incorporate the design of question-specific multi-dimensional rubrics to assess student knowledge and skills.
- Permit teachers to use assessment data to inform future instruction.
SOCIAL STUDIES TASK FRAMEWORK